Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
[email protected] lhkittle@comcast.net is offline

Default Automatically populate value of cell dependent on adajecent cell

On Friday, May 17, 2013 7:46:32 PM UTC-7, Crystal84 wrote:
I'm not sure if I need a formula or a script for this, I've looked at

almost every formula in excel and I can't figure it out! Here's what

I'm trying to do:

In cells E3:E29 I have a drop down menu with a list of services.

Depending on what the selection is in those cells, I would like the next

cells F3:F29 to automatically populate with a value. For example in E3

"Lesson Mozart" would be selected, so F3 would automatically have

$70.00. Then E4 "Training ride" would be selected so F4 would

automatically have $40.00. In addition, I would like the G column

cells to have a value dependent upon the E or F values, but I image when

I figure out the first part of the problem, I get the next part! Thank

you again!

--

Crystal84

In column J is a list of all the services that are available from the drop downs on column E. (Say the list goes from J1 to J45.
In column K is the price for that service.

In F3 enter =VLOOKUP(F3,$J$1:$K$45,2,0) and pull down to F29.

Do a similar vlookup for G column.

Regards,
Howard