J HART J HART is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claus Busch View Post
Hi,

Am Thu, 16 May 2013 09:13:36 +0100 schrieb J HART:

For example if I got a report for the following:

Dogs - 1
Cats - 3
Birds - 0

animals in sheet Main and also in sheet Export in column A and the
quantity in column B.
Then in sheet Export B1:
=IFERROR(VLOOKUP(A1,Main!$A$1:$B$3,2,0),0)

Regards
Claus Busch
--
Win XP PRof SP2 / Vista Ultimate SP2
Office 2003 SP2 /2007 Ultimate SP2

Will clarify my situation a little sorry for being vague.

In MAIN sheet I have

Column A----Column B
dogs--------Quantity (0 if no figure)
cats---------Quantity (0 if no figure)
birds---------Quantity (0 if no figure)

In EXPORT I have:

Column A----Column B
dogs---------3

No row for birds because there are none in the imported report. Also the order of the entries can change in the export sheet. So even if in 2 separate weeks there are quantise for dogs they may not necessarily be in the same cell both weeks.

Will your given formula, look for a 'birds' entry in column A in EXPORT and if so then fetch the quantity from the adjacent cell in column B from EXPORT sheet and put it in column B in MAIN sheet, and if there is no birds cell in column A in EXPORT then will it put a 0 next to the birds cell in MAIN.

Sorry if I'm making this sound more complicated than it is, at first it seemed like quite a simple problem to me but I can't figure out a working formula for it.

Many Thanks

Last edited by J HART : May 16th 13 at 11:28 AM Reason: Formatting