J HART J HART is offline
Junior Member

Default IF statement help

Good Morning/Afternoon,

Was hoping for help with a complicated (to me!) excel issue. Seen others use animals to try and explain there issues so will do the same, hope it doesn't come off as patronising!

Basically I have reports sent to me with data, but if there is 0 quantity for an item it will not show up on the report.

For example if I got a report for the following:

Dogs - 1
Cats - 3
Birds - 0

Then the 'Birds - 0' entry (birds and 0 in seperate cells) would not be in the report, but in the spreadsheet I am compiling I would need the fact that there are no Birds represented.

At the moment I copy all the report data into an export sheet.

I need a forumula which will look if there is a cell with the word 'Birds' in it in the export sheet, and if so get the number from the adjacent cell in the main sheet. If not then put a 0 in the adjacent cell in the main sheet.

Played around with IF statements but couldn't figure this one out.

Many thanks for any help!