patatwork patatwork is offline
Junior Member

Default Separting negative numbers from letters in cells

Okay I had to code data and possible values were as follows:
-2c
-2b
-2a
99
1a
1b
2

I accidently put them all in the same cell however I need the letters and numbers in different cells (for example given |-2c| I would want to output |-2|c| with the straight lines being cells). I know there were other discussions on this issue, however, mine deals with actually keeping the negative numbers so those formulas wouldn't work. Thanks in advance for your help. FYI I am running Excel 2010 if that matters.