Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Charlotte E.[_3_] Charlotte E.[_3_] is offline

Default From where is my UDF called?

Hmmmm....

I may have asked my question the wrong way - sorry - English is not my
native language...

What I meant was:

Say, I call my function from a worksheet the usual fasion:

=MyFunction(Some argument)

The function will always return False

....but, if I call the function from another macro, like:

MyVar = MyFunction(Some argument)

The function will return what ever result the function might calculate.

CE

Den 10.05.2013 15:50, GS skrev:
Hi,

Is it possible to test, if a function (UDF) is called from a worksheet
(as a normal worksheet function) or from another macro/VBA code?

Thanks,

CE

Yes and yes! Use it in a cell in the normal fashion, or call it from
VBA. Note that the UDF must be located in a standard module and scoped
public. In the case of a worksheet formula, include the following line
at the top (inside) of your function...

Application.Volatile

...to include it when Excel auto calcs.