Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
CellShocked CellShocked is offline

Default adding up checked boxes in cells in a row

On Wed, 8 May 2013 21:14:21 +0100, kstivers
wrote:

'Gord Dibben[_2_ Wrote:
;1611702']What do you consider as a "checked box"?

If you "copy" something I would expect it to mimic the original.

That is the meaning of "copy".

Please try again with your problem description.

Gord

On Wed, 8 May 2013 17:14:17 +0100, kstivers
wrote:
-

don't know how to do it. when i copied row above, it mimics that row.
each row needs to be individual.

please break answer down. I have basic training in excel. thanks-

a box to check mark or not- as in row b2 checked, row b3 checked, row b4
not checked, how do you make that... and then in the end row of cells-
the total of checked boxes is added in b 24.

If you ONLY allow the cell to be either the check character or blank,
you could test for the blank COUNT and subtract from the total check box
COUNT. The answer would yield the number of checked boxes.

So, you count the blanks instead.