Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
David David is offline

Default create ramdisk from VBA

Il Fri, 26 Apr 2013 09:28:05 -0500, witek ha scritto:

I can look at that on weekend.
Generally their webpage says that you can download dll wrapper.
you can add it to references (tools references) in vba

I downloaded the ImDiskNet pack that includes the dll and other stuff. It
shouldn't need installation, anyway I run the included cmd file to add keys
to the registry.
I tried to refer it from VBA menu toolsreferneces but I get an error.

next you have to look at c++ header file to see what function as exposed
what parameters are used and write vba entry point as for all other
imported functions. Check their docs. for 99% it should be there
somewhere.

I undertand that the ImDiskAPI class has all methods I need, but still I
don't understand how to reference it.

what is your udf function? Can't it be done without passing data via file?

It's a wrapper for and ultra old .exe file that IOs via file only. It cannot
be touched.

Thank you for your answer.
David