Jesseboat1 Jesseboat1 is offline
Junior Member

Location: DC

Hey folks,

I have a similar problem that I am struggling to solve. I am trying to calculate the most common answer (I thought MODE) from the same cell (lets say D4) across seven different sheets - each named after a team member. On every sheet D4 contains the same dropdown choices.

For example, the question associated with D4 is, "what is your favorite fruit?" and the dropdown choices a Apple, Banana, Orange, Other. Each person answers on their individual sheet.
I want to know which answer was the most common.

I tried following instructions here and in the following websites, but to no avail...
http://www.mrexcel.com/forum/excel-q...t-strings.html
http://excelusergroup.org/forums/t/1101.aspx
and: https://groups.google.com/forum/?fro...ns/BiYmFxNb77E

I keep getting confused by the quotes ( " ) ( ' ) and ampersands ( & )