Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Archana[_2_] Archana[_2_] is offline

Default vba code to filter the data like a group with group header

On Friday, April 12, 2013 9:13:45 AM UTC-5, Claus Busch wrote:
Hi,

Am Fri, 12 Apr 2013 06:30:18 -0700 (PDT) schrieb :

Item1 Item2 Sales

Group1 1 $10

Group1 2 $20

Group1 3 $20

Group2 1 $20

Group2 1 $30

Group3 1 $10

Group3 1 $15

try:

Sub Filter()

Dim LRow As Long

Dim i As Integer

Dim shName As String

Application.ScreenUpdating = False

With Sheets("Sheet1")

LRow = .Cells(.Rows.Count, 1).End(xlUp).Row

For i = 1 To 3

shName = "Group" & i

.Range("A1:C" & LRow).AutoFilter _

field:=1, Criteria1:=shName

ActiveWorkbook.Sheets.Add after:=Sheets(Sheets.Count)

ActiveSheet.Name = shName

.Range("B1:C" & LRow).Copy _

Sheets(shName).Range("A1")

Next

.AutoFilterMode = False

End With

Application.ScreenUpdating = True

End Sub

Regards

Claus Busch

--

Win XP PRof SP2 / Vista Ultimate SP2

Office 2003 SP2 /2007 Ultimate SP2

Claus,
Thank you very much! But I don't want to create the different sheets, I want to move the data to different sheet with all of the groups like the Group1 header and data below and Group2 header and data below.....and so on.

And some times I have only 2 groups in the sheet and some times I have 10 groups.

Thank you very much!