Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Claus Busch Claus Busch is offline

Default 2 Formulas needed!!! :)

Hi,

Am Wed, 10 Apr 2013 21:44:57 +0000 schrieb aswasis:

Example: 8x8x7, 8x10x7,8x12x7,8x14x7 etc. meaning 8' wide by 8' in
length by 7' tall and so on. The 7' is just added on. I can leave it
off and make a cell to enter this info. 7' is not important in the
equation. Figuring it being a long equation when done.

your strings in A1, then in a standard module:

Function sqrfeet(rngc As Range) As Double
Dim myStart As Integer, myEnd As Integer
Dim myStr1 As String, myStr2 As String

myStart = InStr(rngc, "x")
myEnd = InStrRev(rngc, "x")
myStr1 = Left(rngc, myStart - 1)
myStr2 = Mid(rngc, myStart + 1, myEnd - myStart - 1)
sqrfeet = Evaluate(myStr1 * myStr2)
End Function

in the sheet you can call the function with =sqrfeet(a1)

2nd- On a 3 worksheet I'm counting on the '8x8" the 1st worksheet to
signify to a list of material I assigned to it.
Basically I build sheds. Every time we have to put a wood order in we
have to do a wood list for each shed. for years I wanted to do
something on excel to help us so we have it done once, per shed.

To sum the different dimensions you can use SUMIF or SUMPRODUCT

Regards
Claus Busch
--
Win XP PRof SP2 / Vista Ultimate SP2