Ron de Bruin

Hi

Maybe you like this macro
http://www.rondebruin.nl/summary.htm

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

wrote in message oups.com...
Here is the scenario. There is an Excel Workbook with multiple
worksheets (we're talking 35+ and growing). The client wants to create
a summary sheet that lists the key information on the different
worksheets.

Of course the data on the individual worksheets is in columns and the
summary sheet is in rows.

I know how to create a 3D cell reference to different cells in a
workbook but to do it for all the individual cells is not acceptable.

Is there a way to make this formula in a cell:

=WorksheetA!B1

And have it copy down so the formula automatically populates with the
next worksheets like this?

=WorksheetB!B1
=WorksheetC!B1
=WorksheetD!B1
=WorksheetE!B1

I tried the substitute function but I would have to put in the name of
each worksheet. I guess what I am trying to ask is if there is a way to
make the worksheet references absolute.

I did find something called the SheetOffSet feature that works EXCEPT
when I copy the formula, it does NOT make the worksheet reference
relative (the 2 in the formula below) -- even when I make the cell
reference absolute.

=SHEETOFFSET(2,B2)

I would be most grateful for any suggestions/ideas you can toss my way.