Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Howard Howard is offline

Default Copy adjacent Sheet and name from a list

On Tuesday, April 9, 2013 9:15:39 AM UTC-7, GS wrote:
The col name defs are as follows...

colC: "Sheetname" RefersTo: =Summary!$C9

colD: "LabHrs" RefersTo: =Summary!$D9

colE: "LabCost" RefersTo: =Summary!$E9

colF: "MatlCost" RefersTo: =Summary!$F9

colG: "Sell" RefersTo: =Summary!$G9

colI: "SellPlus" RefersTo: =Summary!$CI9

..as defined after selecting any cell in row9.

The total (Q36) is named "Total". Its RefersTo is fully absolute.

The col formulas for the fixed table are as follows:

colD: =IF(LEN(Sheetname),INDIRECT("'"&Sheetname&"'!G7"), "")

colE: =IF(LEN(Sheetname),INDIRECT("'"&Sheetname&"'!H7"), "")

colF: =IF(LEN(Sheetname),INDIRECT("'"&Sheetname&"'!I7"), "")

colG: =IF(LEN(Sheetname),INDIRECT("'"&Sheetname&"'!J7"), "")

colI: =IF(LEN(Sell),Sell+(Total/24),"")

Given the structure of this sheet 'as is', adding new rows to the table

will need to be done manually. I probably would have designed this

sheet so a blank row could be stored (hidden) at the top of the sheet

so I can insert as needed for adding more names. Unfortunately, for

this to work would require relocating the area to the right of the

table so it's above the table in frozen pane area. This approach would

make removing names a simple matter of deleting entire rows, leaving no

required extraneous cleanup processing to do. If you're interested to

review a working copy of this let me know where to send/upload a file.

--

Garry

For sure I would love to see your rendetion of this project.
I am not the end user of all this, I'm trying to help out someone just like you are trying to help me. Top of the line advice is most welcome even if I'm not fully capable of following it.

I'm at:

lhkittle @ comcast . net

Remove the spaces

Howard