FluidPowerOne FluidPowerOne is offline
Junior Member

Default Lookup functions always return n/a ???

I have a large work book that that contains approx 2200 rows of information. Each row contains about 100 columns of information and each of these pieces of information come from look-up functions from a different sheet. My objective with this workbook was to create it in a way that I could use it as a template to create other sheets of information with similar properties. The purpose of this project was to take knowledge that wasn't available to other employees in my company and make it available to them without the time it takes to research the meanings of the different codes in the workbook.

That all being said, sorry I tend to be long winded, I prefer to use index/match formulas as opposed to other look-up functions because it is so versatile. My problem comes in that I keep getting a n/a return on a specific formula located on a sheet in the book labeled 'Look-up Sheet'. This formula is supposed to take the user's input and look back at a sheet called 'H-DATA' and return the corresponding information.... it doesn't work and I can't figure out why. I have tried lookup, vlookup, & index/match. I have tried slapping my computer and calling it ridiculous name even with no result other than n/a.

I am currently using Excel 2003, because my company refuses to update. Have I reached the limits of this Excel version? I would be happy to post this workbook but I'm unsure of how to do that. The attach files tab doesn't have the .xls extension available... not sure if it will allow me to post my work so other can see it. I would be happy to email it to anyone that is willing to help....

Please help... I'm so close to finishing this thing.