DannyQuinn DannyQuinn is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claus Busch View Post
Hi Danny,

Am Mon, 8 Apr 2013 08:53:35 +0000 schrieb DannyQuinn:

I want excel to autimatically sort column D by font colour and date. So
if I yesterdays date in D1 and todays date in D2, Both coloured red as I
have no criteria in E1 or E2, I then enter 'a' in column E1 as I have
picked up the paperwork for yesterday, it will turn green and I want it
to be put to the bottom of the spreadsheet automatically.

Essentially, I'm wanting all outstanding paperwork (coded red) to be
grouped together and all green paperwork which I have completed to be
arranged to the bottom of the spreadsheet.

you can filter by color but not sort.
Sort first by column E and then by column D
All cells with "a" will be on top and then the data will be sorted by
date.
If you want to do it automatically you have to use VBA.
If it is allowed to use VBA, then send another post.

Regards
Claus Busch
--
Win XP PRof SP2 / Vista Ultimate SP2
Office 2003 SP2 /2007 Ultimate SP2

I have started a developer tab and I'm able to use VBA.

Could you please advise from here?

Thanks

Daniel