DannyQuinn DannyQuinn is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claus Busch View Post
Hi Danny,

Am Fri, 5 Apr 2013 12:28:31 +0000 schrieb DannyQuinn:

Column A: Reference number
Column B: Name of the client.
Column C: Employer
Column D: Date the said client commences employment.
Column E: Paperwork submitted (ticked where applicable)
Column F: Initial Sustained paperwork.
Column G: Paperwork Submitted. (Ticked where applicable)
Column H: Secondary Sustained Paperwork
Column I: Paperwork submitted (Ticked where applicable).

So As an example I would have:

T567-John Smith-ASDA-1/1/13-(tick)-1/2/13-(no tick)-1/3/13-(no tick)

select F1:Fx and choose fill color red. Then with selection
=Conditional Formatting = Formula:
=G1="a" and format with green fill color.

Regards
Claus Busch
--
Win XP PRof SP2 / Vista Ultimate SP2
Office 2003 SP2 /2007 Ultimate SP2

One last query. I now want excel to automatically sort data for me based on the criteria I have entered. As mentioned above, Column D has a range of dates, column E is essentially a checklist to make sure that I have picked up such paperwork on the specific dates.

I want excel to autimatically sort column D by font colour and date. So if I yesterdays date in D1 and todays date in D2, Both coloured red as I have no criteria in E1 or E2, I then enter 'a' in column E1 as I have picked up the paperwork for yesterday, it will turn green and I want it to be put to the bottom of the spreadsheet automatically.

Essentially, I'm wanting all outstanding paperwork (coded red) to be grouped together and all green paperwork which I have completed to be arranged to the bottom of the spreadsheet.

Thanks again.