Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
CellShocked CellShocked is offline

Default Conditional formatting

Hi. I have a table which changes its header depending on the color
assigned to a certain programming planner's program.

I currently have to author a new set of conditional formatting rules
for each program I add.

I will revert this to name the colors I use and assign the programs to
those colors, and thereby reduce the number of rules I have to draft.

It would be nice to be able to draft these rules in a table form
instead of one at a time, and the name manager has a similar issue.

Does MS intend to make these small internally referenced databases more
easy to manage and edit? it would sure make it easier to create a more
elaborate and complex spreadsheet workbook.

And I can format an area based on the value of a range named cell, but
it would be nice to be able to define an area, and a reference indicator
in a table.

want a new user to be able to add a new program, and even a new color
assignment, and it not require me to code and write updates to the entire
workbook each time.

I guess the right way is to define the entire set of colors I want to
use and then give each a name coding, and when that name is in the range
named cell, the area defined in the rule changes formatting. And give
the users a set list. If they want to add a new color, an updated
workbook is needed.

So, not so much help, but I guess I am looking for confirmation. Does
it seem like I am moving in the right direction?

And is MS ever going to make a 'name manager engine', or 'conditional
formatting rule database manager' type thing?