Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
GS[_2_] GS[_2_] is offline

Default select data entry by typing first letter which causes drop down list

In one cell I want to quickly select one data value from a long list
of data values located in another part of the spreadsheet. I want to
start typing the first letter and then have excel immediately display
a sublist of all possible data items from the list that begin with
that letter that I typed. Can this be done in Excel? and How?

Thanks for any help or suggestions.
Zorbahu

A ComboBox will cyle through all list iiems that begin will the letter
you type. For example, if there are 3 items that begin with "c" or "C",
continuosly pressing the 'C' key will cycle through each item and
display them in turn.

--
Garry

Classic VB Users Regroup!