Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
witek witek is offline

Default select data entry by typing first letter which causes drop downlist

Zorbahu wrote:
In one cell I want to quickly select one data value from a long list of
data values located in another part of the spreadsheet. I want to start
typing the first letter and then have excel immediately display a
sublist of all possible data items from the list that begin with that
letter that I typed. Can this be done in Excel? and How?

if you are in edit mode typing a letter you can't do anything.
but once you hit enter or select another cell you can use
worksheet_change event to filter your data and fill .list property of a
listobox .