gargamel875 gargamel875 is offline
Junior Member

Default Needs help combining functions.

I have a worksheet I use every day at my job at a car dealership to keep track of the previous days paperwork. I have attached an image of the form.
On this worksheet Column B lists the advisor who was in charge of the repair order. For each repair order, the advisor must turn in a sheet of paper showing completed work. If they turned in that sheet with their repair order, I put an X in column D. If they did not, I put NO.
In a chart at the bottom of the worksheet, I calculate the percentage of how many people turned in the sheet overall. I also calculate each individuals turn in percentage.
I was going to use the Countif function =countif(Cell Range in Column D, "X")/Number of Cells for the overall percentage. For example: =countif (D5:D15, "X")/11
But the problem with this is the number of repair orders changes every day. I don't want to have to change the forumla every day. Is there anyway to combine countif with another function that will only count how many cells in column D are in use?
Also, what formula can I use to calculate the individual advisor's percentage? The amount of repair orders they are in charge of also changes every day. Is the a way to use a formula that only counts the cells that are next to a certain advisor?
I'm not sure if any of this is even possible. So, any help would be appreciated!
Attached Images