Kevin@Radstock Kevin@Radstock is offline
Member

Hi

Assuming that the row headers are in A1:M1 and the data is is in say A2:M4

=INDEX(A$1:M$1,MATCH(LARGE($A2:$M2,ROW($A1)),$A2:$ M2,0)) and copy down will return the header for the highest in the first row, second highest of the second row, etc.
Or if you want =INDEX(A$1:M$1,MATCH(LARGE(A$2:M$2,ROW($A1)),A$2:M $2,0)) and copy down, will give you the header for the highest, second, etc for that row.

Is this something that you could work with!

Quote:
Originally Posted by View Post
I need to find the largest, second largest, etc numbers across a set in a row then have the formula return the columns header (different row, same column).

I know the index function may be best for this, but I am lost getting the function to operate properly here. Thanks for any help you can provide.

-Ryan