Kevin@Radstock Kevin@Radstock is offline
Member

Hi otteraaron

Try the following in C1 and copy down to C5:

=LOOKUP(20^20,SEARCH($B$1:$B$3,$A1),$B$1:$B$3)

Kevin

Quote:
Originally Posted by otteraaron View Post
Hello,

First, I apologize if this has been answered already. I did some searching and had no luck finding a solution.

Here's what I'm looking to do: I have a long list of text strings, and i'm looking to identify certain keywords, and report back those keywords.

EXAMPLE:
Column A is full of product descriptions:

Black Otterbox Case for iPhone
Blue Speck case for iphone
Pink Otterbox case for GS3
White Case Mate case for iphone 5
Blue Otterbox case for iphone 4s

Column B are the "brands" i'm searching for:
OtterBox
Case Mate
Speck

I would like to have a formula that searches for words in Column B located in Column A, then report back that word.

Example, if A1 was "Black Otterbox case for iPhone", i would want the result in column c to read "OtterBox"

Make sense? Thanks in advance for any help you can provide!!