Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
cate cate is offline

Default Conditional Validation In Excel

On Mar 14, 10:07*pm, wrote:
I'm trying to create a sort of "validation if" in an excel sheet.

In cell A1, I have three choices, "A" "B" and "C" which a user can select from a drop down list. Let's say the user selects "A." I want to set up the validation so that if today is past a certain date (a date listed in cell B2), then cell A1 will automatically change to "B" instead of "A."

* * * * A * * * * B
1 * a/b/c * *date
2
3
4

Any ideas?

Fire your macro on an event and do anything you want. Use things like
the workbook open() or a sheet change() event... or leave it open
forever and schedule something with application.ontime()... or just
use a button and run you validation yourself. Point is something as
to start it.