Picc Picc is offline
Junior Member

I should have been more clear. I need just one increment. The issue is incrementing too many rows. I need it only to increment 1 row, as in the next row down the column, instead of incrementing the number of rows that I have skipped in the formula sheet.

I'm trying to duplicate a formula and skip rows, but pull data from one column with no rows skipped.

I have tried using the OFFSET() and INDIRECT() function but they seem to only do the opposite of what I need. I haven't tried these with $ though.

I need: (for a rough example)

B1=A1
B2=empty
B3=A2

Instead I get:

B1=A1
B2=empty
B3=A3

When I duplicate cell B1 into B3 (skipping a row) I get the reference skipped as well. This makes sense with the relative reference operation. I just want to get around to avoid skipping the references. So that B3=A2.

Please let me know if I'm even on the right track for this. If you have a moment, I appreciate you help very much.

Perhaps I can explain what I'm trying to with the data...let me know. I can send examples for more clarity.

Thanks