Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Ron Rosenfeld[_2_] Ron Rosenfeld[_2_] is offline

Default leading zeros using ActiveCell.Offset().value to insert row and value

On Wed, 6 Mar 2013 00:40:35 +0000, TimLeonard wrote:

HMMM. For some reason, I am only now seeing this response of yours. I hate to post my email address in public, but later I'll put it reversed, with extra spaces, and you should make the obvious changes.

mo c.e nil nod lef nes orT Ano r

I will respond to your comments below after I've had a chance to look at them :-(

For now, I have come up with a dialog box to enable Adding Loops.
The engineer will select a node and then have the opportunity to select one or more loops for that node.
The loops will have a list of the "Free Device Addresses" (i.e. it'll be 159 if either none have been assigned, or the loop does not exist).
Also, the loop will be not-selectable if it already exists.

Right now, it's just a GUI and doesn't result in anything happening. But that will come soon.
Please remove any modules I have previously sent, and insert the ones at this link: http://sdrv.ms/14Dfo51

Sorry about the delay and I don't know why I did not see it until now.

What we will need to decide is what changes in the Summary sheet we want
to retain. It may be that a list of valid changes/additions/deletions
will need to be provided to someone, who can make the changes in the
Panel.
I think any row that has a value in the "Project Number" column should

be retained. Since this repersents the Engineered Adds and Deletes
waiting to be programmed in the field. Also if a device is deleted
(wiped out) on the summary sheet the Device Type does not
clear...(Correction, if you delete one line at a time is works fine but
not with multiple lines)
Also I sure your aware but if the create summary sheet macro is ran
twice it overwrites any manual entered devices. Perhaps this is because
we have not retained anything yet

It occurred to me that for the engineer to make a manual entry, he would
need to navigate to the appropriate line. I'm not sure of the best way
to do this, but by allowing selection of the locked cells, it is
possible to use Excel's "Find & Select" mechanism to get there. They
can now Find and Goto a particular merged address, or Device Address,

This will be fine, its what they are use to using...

CompareDataVsSummary checks to see if there a
Added Devices (on Summary sheet but not on CompareData sheet)
Changed Devices (merely checks of any differences in the editable
cells between the two sheets)
Deleted Devices (on CompareData but not on Summary) -- the logic of
this latter we have discussed.

It then formats the output so as to enable relatively easy analysis.
I'm sure there are better ways to format the output, and am open to any
suggestions that you think might make analysis of the data more clear.

This works I just need to play with it more, but for some reason deletes
the contents of the CompareData sheet after executing...
Also would it be possible to order these as "Added Devices" "Deleted
Devices" and then "Changed Devices" there will be more adds and deletes
then changes...

There is also an AddLoops macro which does not really allow adding
anything, but is merely a very preliminary thought on how to allow user
modification of the Summary sheet in terms of adding loops or nodes.
(Snipped)

What I'd like to do is a single dialog box where the node is selected
(perhaps with a spinner) and then multiple loops would be allowed to be
chosen at the same time (check boxes with multiple selections allowed).

I think the engineers will be open to anything for this...