Izzy604 Izzy604 is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claus Busch View Post
Hi Izzy,

Am Thu, 7 Mar 2013 18:06:22 +0000 schrieb Izzy604:

Hello, I'm trying to figure out why my current formula is not coming up
with the correct result. I have a list of dates in column A:
02/15/2013
01/05/2013
03/01/2013
etc.

I would like column B to reference the corresponding cells in column A
and populate the correct Quarter for which the date falls into (Qtr1,
Qtr2,etc).

in B1 try:
="Qtr"&MONTH(MONTH(A1)&0)

Regards
Claus Busch
Thanks for the tip on the formula Claus - it worked too! Just a questions, would you be able to interpret for me what the formula 'says'? It looks very simple, however I'm having trouble understanding how it works and would love to know for my own future reference.
Thank you!!