OK, sounds good.

However what will happen when comparing the comparedata and summary
sheets and the labels don't match. The comparedata labels should take
precedence since it is what is programmed in the field. will there be
an option to update or will it automatically do the update when it
recreates the summary sheet??

Right now, whenever we create a Summary sheet, the sequence is:

1. Create a CompareData sheet from the existing PanelData sheet in the workbook
2. Copy the CompareData sheet to the Summary sheet.
3. Format the Summary sheet appropriately.

So the answer is that the CompareData sheet will take precedence, by design.
What we will need to decide is what changes in the Summary sheet we want to retain. It may be that a list of valid changes/additions/deletions will need to be provided to someone, who can make the changes in the Panel.

In any event, here is another batch of modules: http://sdrv.ms/XHKG9Q
Let me know how they work for you.

CreateCompareDataSheet works as before

CreateSummarySheet is similar, except I am allowing selection of the locked cells (still can't change them). It occurred to me that for the engineer to make a manual entry, he would need to navigate to the appropriate line. I'm not sure of the best way to do this, but by allowing selection of the locked cells, it is possible to use Excel's "Find & Select" mechanism to get there. They can now Find and Goto a particular merged address, or Device Address, etc. If you have other thoughts, let me know.

CompareDataVsSummary checks to see if there a
Added Devices (on Summary sheet but not on CompareData sheet)
Changed Devices (merely checks of any differences in the editable cells between the two sheets)
Deleted Devices (on CompareData but not on Summary) -- the logic of this latter we have discussed.

It then formats the output so as to enable relatively easy analysis. I'm sure there are better ways to format the output, and am open to any suggestions that you think might make analysis of the data more clear.

There is also an AddLoops macro which does not really allow adding anything, but is merely a very preliminary thought on how to allow user modification of the Summary sheet in terms of adding loops or nodes. It's just there as a trial, and I'm not happy with it. It presents an input box to the user asking what node he wants to add (or add loops to); then it presents him with a list of all the loops in that node (0 to 10), and how many addresses are free. I included a node 0 (which I know is not a real node) because in my testing, I didn't always have zones; and I have each loop having 159*2 or 318 possible addresses.

What I'd like to do is a single dialog box where the node is selected (perhaps with a spinner) and then multiple loops would be allowed to be chosen at the same time (check boxes with multiple selections allowed).