Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
GS[_2_] GS[_2_] is offline

Default Pivot Table Management

There's several approaches you could take to accomplish this with
'reasonable' security. I suspect each user has a different password!
Otherwise, what's to prevent them from selecting someone else's name?

The 1st choice for me would be to store the data in an encrypted text
file that I generate every month. This can be stored on a network share
to be accessed by your VBA project on 'user login'. Your VBA project
will only be able to decrypt the data file if it has the encryption key
somewhere. Simple thing to do, really. Also very easy to maintain since
you won't need to distribute a new Excel file every month. (Give
everyone an addin that creates menus for your processing)

Another option would be to store the data on a very hidden sheet inside
your project. This is less secure but keeps everything in the same
Excel file. A password will be needed to protect the workbook structure
so users can't display/find the very hidden sheet. Also, your VBA
project should be password locked so users can't view your code. This
approach can also create menus for your processing.

--
Garry

Classic VB Users Regroup!
comp.lang.basic.visual.misc