Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Auric__ Auric__ is offline

Default Number stored as text

stevepctamers wrote:

I have some code that copies in data from one s/sheet to a summary
workbook. The problem is that it is storing one of the columns of
numbers as text.

I've ensured the cells in the original data are formatted as numbers.
I've also tried several versions of "Paste Values" etc. If I do all the
usual things "manually" (the "usual" being copy a cell with zero in it &
paste special onto the recalcitrant cells and choose 'Add'; click the XL
warning and convert to numbers; data Text-to-columns and choose General)
the cells get successfully stored as numbers.

However, if I do these through a macro none of them work - the cells
remain numbers stored as text!

Post your code.

--
I had no idea what a computer was truly capable of. A computer was this
all-powerful glowing artifact of power that held unlimited potential.