Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
[email protected] ilocosking@gmail.com is offline

Default Go To a Named Range (2nd posting)

On Monday, February 25, 2013 8:32:46 AM UTC-8, wrote:
On Sunday, February 24, 2013 11:11:21 AM UTC-8, wrote:

I posted my question about three weeks ago. I have several views but nobody informed me if it is possible or not.

I have several named ranges in my worksheet. If I go to one, is it possible that when it goes to that named range, the named range will be positioned at the upper left part of the worksheet (in a blank worksheet the named range would be at A1).

Thanks

Maybe this modified code by Chip Pearson will do the trick for you.

I entered all the names of my named ranges in a data valadation

drop down in F1.

Select a name from F1 and run the Sub LHK().

Option Explicit

Sub LHK()

Dim i As String

i = Range("F1").Value

CenterOnCell Range(i)

End Sub

Sub CenterOnCell(OnCell As Range)

Dim VisRows As Integer

Dim VisCols As Integer

Application.ScreenUpdating = False

OnCell.Parent.Parent.Activate

OnCell.Parent.Activate

With ActiveWindow.VisibleRange

VisRows = .Rows.Count

VisCols = .Columns.Count

End With

Application.Goto OnCell, Scroll:=True

OnCell.Select

Application.ScreenUpdating = True

Howard

Thanks Howard and to everybody that replied. I thought that were was an easier way to do it instead of a macro. When I go to a range, I'll just scroll down to it.

Thanks again