Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
GS[_2_] GS[_2_] is offline

Default Auto Change Formulas - Please Help.

has brought this to us :
Ok, I'm making an invoice tracker, I use a template to create the
invoices and I fill in and name each sheet the invoice # ex. IN12345 (and I
place the name of the invoice into the sheet in cell A1). I keep all of
these invoices in a folder labeled invoices. I need to get certain info off
of them and placed on a common sheet. I need the spreadsheet I'm making to
auto populate the info each time I drop a new invoice in the invoice folder.
I can't get it to change the invoice # automatically. I can paste the
formulas all the way down.

Also I have a range of cells that I need it to sum in addition to change the
reference of the name of the sheet.

I also need a column in this tracker to update the date of which the line row
was added to the sheet.

Any help is highly appreciated!

If you were to adopt the approach I described in my other post you
could store the info you need from each invoice on a "Summary" sheet in
the same file as the invoices. (I suspect, though, that you have gobbs
of disk space and don't care that each invoice is stored in its own
xls)<g

--
Garry

Free usenet access at