Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Howard Howard is offline

Default If .Column 7 And .Row 25 then go to B8

On Friday, February 22, 2013 10:55:36 AM UTC-8, GS wrote:
Howard expressed precisely :

Hi Garry and Claus,

I'm feeling like a real troublemake here.

I have tried all corrected versions the two of you offered. If I make

entries outside the B8:G25 range I get the familiar "Run-time error 91

Object... Block variable not set" Code line is yellow highlighted up to but

excluding Exit Sub.

On Error Resume Next seems to cure it, is it proper to do that?

(Maybe my Excel has the Flu, or maybe I do.)

I don't advise using an error escape. Claus' revision is the way to go,

and is what I should have posted if things around me at the time

weren't so hectic. (I was at the hospital receiving treAtment via IV

and kept getting interupted. No excuse, though! I apologize for all the

extra trouble!)

--

Garry

Classic VB Users Regroup!

comp.lang.basic.visual.misc

microsoft.public.vb.general.discussion

GS,

No need for appoligies, for sure. You have helped me often and I appreciate your patience and your good advice.

Got it working just fine.

I had it in the back of my mind that error escape should be used very sparingly, if at all.

A question on that very thing. Often when using the change event sub for some activity if I click, drag and highlight portions of the worksheet not included in the change event code, say to delete stuff I don't need I get an error about invalid entry or the such. On Error Resume Next seems to eliminat that, is that good practice??

Howard