View Single Post
  #29   Report Post  

BTW the excelbanter.com never did show that garbled character mess you referred to...

Quote:
You wrote that the NodeAddresses could have a maximum of 104. So how about a format of NxxxLyyDzzz ?

OK, that is fairly simple and I've done that part, but with a format of NxxxLyyDzzz.

We could vary the Nxxx portion to only show three digits if required, and two digits otherwise, but that will require some extra steps when it comes to sorting.
The format NxxxLyyyDzzz is fine with me
However I noticed in you latest code that if the NodeAddress is 1 that it keeps the first ten loop as LyyDzzz and then when it hits 2 it changes to NxxxLyyDzzz. Is it possible that if it has more than one node address, that all would use the same format NxxxLyyDzzz. That way it looks consistent

Quote:
And you are correct to assume that the zones would always be shown ad
zeros in the LoopSelection column[/i][/color]

OK, but what about the NodeAddress for a Zone? And if that can vary, should we prepend Nxxx (or Nxx) to the Zxxx also?
Yes if more then one NodeAddress then NxxxZxxx would work fine.

Question.
Is it the intent of the code to add all ten loop when the NodeAddress increases. For example I noticed that if I added a NodeAddress of 2 and a LoopSelection of 1 at the bottom of the PanelData sheet, it adds all ten loop for that NodeAddress of two. In the field the panels could have any amount of loops up to ten. I am just questioning because the summary sheet would need to follow the same layout

Last edited by TimLeonard : February 15th 13 at 01:08 AM Reason: .