Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
witek witek is offline

Default Toggling save warning message on or off

c1802362 wrote:
This is more of an Excel question than a VBA question, but....

I recently wrote a large VBA program that retrieves excel files (.xlsx) from a network directory, updates each file with downloaded system data, reduces the data, then writes the updated excel file back to its source location.

The source code is located in a separate macro-enabled file (.xlsm)

I've written numerous programs like this in the past with no issues. In this instance, opening up any of the modified files to view the updates results in a 'Do you want to save the changes...' pop-up upon exiting the file, even if there have been no changes.

Where in the system is this type of message being triggered from? I'm not finding any properties that flag this type of action.

The system is running Windows 7/MS Office 2007

Art

open new excel file and write formula
=now ()

next, save it, close , reopen and try to close.
Do you see a message?

That is why Excel asks you if you want to save changes. Values in your
file have been modified. It does not have to be done by user. Formula
can modified its value without user interaction.