Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Howard Howard is offline

Default Variables in a Popup prompt

On Monday, February 11, 2013 1:19:13 AM UTC-8, Howard wrote:
Msgbox below works fine, returns a capital letter for j and an ASCII char for i.

The timed Popup works fine with prompt shown, want another timed Popup to display what the message box does and do away with the msgbox.

i and j are declared variable refering to two cells on the worksheet.

Possible?

I have tried to put the j and the i in the prompt section of this timed popup but it rejects .Popup "j & " for " & i" as well as .Popup j & " for " & i

MsgBox j & " for " & i

CreateObject("WScript.Shell").Popup "Select another Capital Letter in K1 to

convert to ASCII", _

2, "ASCII Select"

(The CreateObject... text will probably wrap)

Thanks,

Howard

Thanks for the advice. I'm getting in a bit above my head on scripting objects and at the same time I'm finding the msgbox and the timed popup don't seem to add a great deal of value to the process. I'll most likely dump them.

I do appreciate you time and thoughts.

Regards,
Howard