TimLeonard TimLeonard is offline
Member

Quote:
It adds in all of the missing merged addresses.
It presents the columns in the same order that you have on your CompareData sheet.
It does NOT include lines that do not compute to a valid Merged Address code. (That can be changed if you like, but you'll need to define how to handle them).
It does NOT fill in the Node Address, LoopSelection, DeviceAddress fields at this time, but that can be easily changed if I am on the right track.
Incredible!!! You are on the right track…
I will also reply here instead of the previous posts to keep it current...

My initial thought was always around the device/module addresses, but after giving this more thought, If it’s not too much to include, I think it should also populate the zones, these have the device type value of (3) and the loopselection of (0) they should be in the format of Z000-Z999…The device type values of (5) can be excluded

Question…
Is there a way to have it look at the “summary” sheet to see if the Node Address, LoopSelection, DeviceAddress and Merged Address fields need to be updated…I know I told you this is manually populated but my thought is that if an additional loop was added in the field panel not exceeding ten loops, rather than having to manually insert the additional rows, have the code do it?

Another concern I have is what if the technician re-labels a device/module or zone, how can we update the summary sheet with the revised labels. Originally I planned to have code look at both sheets labels and if they were both greater than blank then overwrite the data on the summary sheet in the same row/cells.

There is one piece that was too complicated for me, that may prove easy for you…On the “PanelData”column “K” there is values that correlate to another worksheet that is imported named “DeviceType”. On that Sheet “DeviceType” in Column “A” it has those same values and in Column ”E” has the Device Type Labels that if possible, I would like to included on Both the “Summary” and “CompareData2” Worksheets Column “J” (once they both match column wise)

Quote:
I could not fill in the NodeAddress column as I do not know how these are derived from the information I have.

It will not run as written on versions of Excel prior to 2007.
If you might be running this on a Macintosh, you will need to change the interior color format to something that does not involve RGB.
Since the panel will max out with the (10) loop for the NodeAddress, it will be "1" for the first (10) loops then it will be "2" for the next (10) loops and so up to 104 NodeAddresses. However most "PanelData" sheets will only contain 1 NodeAddress

This will be use on Excel 2007 and not on a Macintosh

BTW I was going to tell you that there was a small issue, if on another tab when the macro is ran the results are not what is expected… But you seemed to have fixed it on the revised code…

Last edited by TimLeonard : February 12th 13 at 03:21 AM Reason: Added Comment