Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Ron Rosenfeld[_2_] Ron Rosenfeld[_2_] is offline

Default leading zeros using ActiveCell.Offset().value to insert row and value

On Sun, 10 Feb 2013 19:43:27 +0000, TimLeonard wrote:

At this point I think the second workbook, as slow as it is and from
piecing various codes together, works through all we have discussed
except when adding missing addresses..

Here is a modified version that includes:
Filling in the Loop Selection, Device Address and Device Type entries for the "missing" Merged Address Entries
Formats the first row to have the gray interior and frozen header row as you do in some of your other examples.
Includes some "clean-up" with regard to references.

I could not fill in the NodeAddress column as I do not know how these are derived from the information I have.

It runs in less than 1/2 second on my machine.
It will not run as written on versions of Excel prior to 2007.
If you might be running this on a Macintosh, you will need to change the interior color format to something that does not involve RGB.

================================
Option Explicit
Sub CreateCompareDataSheet()
'Do this on a CompareData2 Sheet
'Keep only columns C:H
'Remove lines with no valid Device Address; (or not as required)
'Add Merged Address Column
'Append the "missing" Merged Addresses
'Rearrange columns by horizontal sorting according to custom list
'Sort results by Merged Address
Dim wsCompareData2 As Worksheet
Dim wsPD As Worksheet, vPD As Variant 'Panel Data
Dim r As Range, rw As Range, rMissed As Range

Dim LScol As Long 'Loop Selection column
Dim DTPcol As Long 'Device Type column
Dim sDTP As String
Dim DAcol As Long 'Device Address column
Dim MAcol As Long 'Merged Address column
Dim collUsedMA As Collection 'Used Merged Address Collection
Dim collMissMA As Collection 'Missing Merged Addresses
Dim DTPScol As Long 'Device Types column

Dim aTemp() As Variant
Dim v As Variant
Dim i As Long, j As Long

Set wsPD = Worksheets("PanelData")

'Clear CompareData2 sheet if present; create if not
On Error Resume Next
Set wsCompareData2 = Worksheets("CompareData2")
If Err.Number = 9 Then
Worksheets.Add
ActiveSheet.Name = "CompareData2"
Set wsCompareData2 = Worksheets("CompareData2")
End If
On Error GoTo 0
wsCompareData2.Cells.Clear

'Read Panel Data into array
'Assuming zero(0) blanks in Col A
'Assume we will retain only cols A:H
With wsPD
vPD = .Range(.Cells(1, 1), .Cells(.Rows.Count, 1).End(xlUp)) _
.Offset(columnoffset:=2).Resize(columnsize:=6)
End With

'Add column for merged address
'For now, it will be the "last column", but could be moved if desired
ReDim Preserve vPD(1 To UBound(vPD, 1), 1 To UBound(vPD, 2) + 2)
MAcol = UBound(vPD, 2) - 1
DTPScol = UBound(vPD, 2)
vPD(1, MAcol) = "Merged Address"
vPD(1, DTPScol) = "Device Types"

'Get column numbers for data to create MergedAddress
ReDim aTemp(1 To UBound(vPD, 2))
For i = 1 To UBound(vPD, 2)
aTemp(i) = vPD(1, i)
Next i
With WorksheetFunction
LScol = .Match("LoopSelection", aTemp, 0)
DTPcol = .Match("DeviceType", aTemp, 0)
DAcol = .Match("DeviceAddress", aTemp, 0)
End With

'Create Merged Addresses
'Add Device Types Field
Set collUsedMA = New Collection
For i = 2 To UBound(vPD, 1)
Select Case vPD(i, DTPcol)
Case Is = 1
sDTP = "D"
vPD(i, DTPScol) = "Detector"
Case Is = 2
sDTP = "M"
vPD(i, DTPScol) = "Monitor"
Case Is = 3
sDTP = ""
vPD(i, DTPScol) = "Zone"
Case Else
sDTP = ""
End Select
If Not sDTP = "" Then
vPD(i, MAcol) = "L" & Format(vPD(i, LScol), "00") & _
sDTP & _
Format(vPD(i, DAcol), "000")
On Error Resume Next
collUsedMA.Add Item:=vPD(i, MAcol), Key:=vPD(i, MAcol)
If Err.Number < 0 Then
MsgBox ("Merged Address: " & vPD(i, MAcol) & _
"on Line " & i & " is a duplicate")
Exit Sub
End If
On Error GoTo 0
End If
Next i

'Develop collection of Missing Merged Addresses
Set collMissMA = New Collection
With WorksheetFunction
LScol = .Match("LoopSelection", wsPD.Rows(1), 0)
v = GenLoops(.Max(wsPD.Columns(LScol)))
End With

On Error Resume Next
For i = LBound(v) To UBound(v)
collUsedMA.Add Item:=v(i), Key:=v(i)
If Err.Number = 0 Then
collMissMA.Add Item:=v(i), Key:=v(i)
End If
Err.Clear
Next i

'write array to CompareData2 sheet
'sort by Merged Addresses and delete lines with no MA's
'then sort horizontally by first row and custom sort
'set up custom order based on fields in row 1 of panel data
'verify labels are correct

'Column Headers for Compare and Summary Sheets
'Need to be in the desired order -- will be used as a Custom Sort Order List
'Need to match exactly the headers (but not the order)
' on the PanelData worksheet
Dim aCL(1 To 8) 'custom list array
aCL(1) = "NodeAddress"
aCL(2) = "LoopSelection"
aCL(3) = "DeviceAddress"
aCL(4) = "Merged Address"
aCL(5) = "DeviceType"
aCL(6) = "Device Types"
aCL(7) = "DeviceLabel"
aCL(8) = "ExtendedLabel"
ReDim aTemp(1 To UBound(vPD, 2))
For i = 1 To UBound(vPD, 2)
aTemp(i) = vPD(1, i)
Next i

On Error Resume Next
For i = 1 To UBound(aCL)
j = WorksheetFunction.Match(aCL(i), aTemp, 0)
If Err.Number < 0 Then
MsgBox (aCL(i) & " Not exact match in Panel Data Label row")
Exit Sub
End If
Next i

'Write data to CompareData2 sheet
Application.ScreenUpdating = False
With wsCompareData2
Set r = .Range("B1").Resize(rowsize:=UBound(vPD, 1), columnsize:=UBound(vPD, 2))
r = vPD

'Add the Missing Merged Addresses to the correct column
'Also deconstruct to fill in the LS, DA and DT columns
Set rw = r.Rows(1)
With WorksheetFunction
MAcol = .Match("Merged Address", rw, 0)
LScol = .Match("LoopSelection", rw, 0)
DAcol = .Match("DeviceAddress", rw, 0)
DTPcol = .Match("DeviceType", rw, 0)
End With

ReDim aTemp(1 To collMissMA.Count, 1 To r.Columns.Count)
For i = 1 To collMissMA.Count
aTemp(i, MAcol) = collMissMA(i)
aTemp(i, LScol) = Val(Mid(collMissMA(i), 2, 2))
aTemp(i, DAcol) = Val(Right(collMissMA(i), 3))
aTemp(i, DTPcol) = IIf(Mid(collMissMA(i), 4, 1) = "D", 1, 2)
Next i

Set rMissed = .Cells(r.Row + r.Rows.Count, r.Column).Resize(rowsize:=UBound(aTemp, 1), columnsize:=UBound(aTemp, 2))
rMissed = aTemp
Set r = Union(r, rMissed)
'Sort by Merged Address and delete those with blank MA's
.Sort.SortFields.Clear
.Sort.SortFields.Add Key:=r.Resize(rowsize:=r.Rows.Count - 1).Offset(rowoffset:=1).Columns(MAcol), _
SortOn:=xlSortOnValues, Order:=xlAscending
With .Sort
.SetRange r
.Header = xlYes
.Orientation = xlTopToBottom
.Apply
End With
Set r = Range(r(1, MAcol).End(xlDown).Offset(rowoffset:=1), r(.Cells.Rows.Count, MAcol))
r.EntireRow.Delete

'Now sort horizontally to reorder the columns
Set r = .UsedRange
.Sort.SortFields.Clear
.Sort.SortFields.Add Key:=r.Rows(1), _
SortOn:=xlSortOnValues, Order:=xlAscending, _
CustomOrder:=Join(aCL, ",")
With .Sort
.SetRange r
.Header = xlYes
.Orientation = xlLeftToRight
.Apply
End With
r.EntireColumn.AutoFit
'NOTE: Cannot use RGB on Macintosh. If that is a problem, use something
'like colorindex 15
r.Rows(1).Interior.Color = RGB(191, 191, 191) 'Same gray as on your Summary Sheet

'I don't like to activate or select, but I don't know how else to
' freeze panes
.Activate
With ActiveWindow
.SplitRow = 1
.FreezePanes = True
End With

End With

Application.ScreenUpdating = True
End Sub

'-------------------------------------------------------
Function GenLoops(NumLoops) As Variant
'Part 1: L01-L10
'Part 2: D or M
'Part 3: 001-159
Dim MergAddr() As String
Dim i As Long, j As Long, k As Long, m As Long
ReDim MergAddr(1 To NumLoops * 2 * 159)

For i = 1 To NumLoops
For j = 1 To 2
For k = 1 To 159