TimLeonard TimLeonard is offline
Member

Quote:
Previously you specified that the format of the merged address should be in the format of
LaaXnnn
where aa would be two digits in the range of 1-10 (eg 01-10)
X could be D or M
and nnn would be three digits in the range of 1-159 (eg 001-159)
This is still the correct format...and the way it would be assigned to a device on the drawings...

Quote:
Previously you wrote that the loops go from L01... to L10..., but column D (LoopSelection) has values of 0, 1, 2.
What to do if the value in column D is zero?
In the loopselection column of the "paneldata" worksheet the zero is for zones and can go up to the value of 10 depending on how many loop are installed in the field panel. In the first work book I deleted the rows for zones due to uploading size limits. In the second workbook I removed everything from column I-CC on the "PanelData" worksheet. So if the two were put together then you would have the whole worksheet from the import...

Quote:
Previously you wrote that what I am calling "X" (or "Part 2" in an earlier post) could be a D or M, but if I am looking at column F, I see values of 1, 2, 3 and 5.
What to do if the value is not 1 or 2?
On the "CompareData" worksheet the code from module 1 took the values and made them either Devices or Modules, using the following
.Range("E2").Formula = "=IF(D2=3,""Zone"",IF(D2=2,""Monitor"",IF(D2=1,""D etector"","""")))"
This was the only way I knew to get the "D" or "M" and while the "5" isn't used in this I left it in the comparison... Additionally the current values of 1, 2, 3 and 5 are what is used now but this area could expand or change completely in the future and I would need the ability to modify the code to work....

Quote:
Previously you wrote that what I am calling nnn above (or "Part 3" in an earlier post) would be in the range of 1-159, but if I am looking at Col "E", I see some values of zero (0).
What to do if the value is zero?
The range 1-159 represent the programmable device address range...and the zero or zone numbers represent the panels logic...So at this point zeros or zones has been kept in the mix for the comparison. However in my code Module 2 merges the columns it put "L00" on them, which was the best I could do... They should read either Zone 1-999 or Blank for 00-10 but this was too complicated for me to isolate so I left it alone...This resulted in the L00000-L00009 and the L00Z000-L00Z999 you see in the "Summary" and the CompareData" worksheets...

Quote:
Either the specifications are incomplete, or there is a problem with the data in this latest workbook. I've got the basics of the code set up, but I need better specifications to proceed.
At this point I think the second workbook, as slow as it is and from piecing various codes together, works through all we have discussed except when adding missing addresses... But in some cases, it does not complete to address 001 but would stop at address 005. This causes the "Diff" worksheet to be populated with more cell differences than it should...For example...
L01D159
L01M005
L01M006

Also, if a new loop was added, it doesn't check the "Summary" sheet to see if it needs to be added there as well, nor does it write any data changes from to "CompareData" sheet to the "Summary" sheet such as if the programmed labels were different on the sheets and remove the column "A" project number info...

Perhaps one disconnect is that I made all comments using the "Summary" and "CompareData" sheets, which copies columns from the "PanelData sheets and sorts the data and adds the above mentioned code for adding the missing numbers, and I think now we are discussing using the "PanelData" sheet for that info instead...

I do want to Thank You for time and efforts, I truley appreciate