Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Ron Rosenfeld[_2_] Ron Rosenfeld[_2_] is offline

Default leading zeros using ActiveCell.Offset().value to insert row and value

On Sun, 10 Feb 2013 00:20:45 +0000, TimLeonard wrote:

Response 2:

Also, how are you constructing "Merged Address". I'm not seeing the
code that does that, and that column does not exist on "PanelData"

See the attached workbook module 2, but I like the code you posted... If
you wanted to add a column to the "Paneldata" worksheet after column "F"
then it could look at Col. "D" for the Loop, Col. "F" for the D or M
(1=Device and 2=Module 3=Zone) and col. "E" for the address so the three
columns would makeup the L01D001 Then I suppose it could be used in the
array

Looking at the latest workbook; worksheet PanelData, I am not understanding your explanation of how to construct MergedAddress.

Previously you specified that the format of the merged address should be in the format of
LaaXnnn
where aa would be two digits in the range of 1-10 (eg 01-10)
X could be D or M
and nnn would be three digits in the range of 1-159 (eg 001-159)

Previously you wrote that the loops go from L01... to L10..., but column D (LoopSelection) has values of 0, 1, 2.
What to do if the value in column D is zero?

Previously you wrote that what I am calling "X" (or "Part 2" in an earlier post) could be a D or M, but if I am looking at column F, I see values of 1, 2, 3 and 5.
What to do if the value is not 1 or 2?

Previously you wrote that what I am calling nnn above (or "Part 3" in an earlier post) would be in the range of 1-159, but if I am looking at Col "E", I see some values of zero (0).
What to do if the value is zero?

Also in this latest workbook, on the CompareData (or Summary) worksheets, you show Merged addresses which have formats that do not comply with your original specifications!
Here are some:
L00000
L00001
L00002
L00003
L00004
L00005
L00006
L00007
L00008
L00009
L00Z000
L00Z001

Either the specifications are incomplete, or there is a problem with the data in this latest workbook. I've got the basics of the code set up, but I need better specifications to proceed.

-- Ron