TimLeonard TimLeonard is offline
Member

Quote:
Which column on "PanelData" tells how many "loops"?
I would have assumed it to be the highest number in LoopSelection, but maybe not.
Your Correct...BTW since the imported worksheet in actually named "PanelData" I change the name above...

Quote:
Also, how are you constructing "Merged Address". I'm not seeing the code that does that, and that column does not exist on "PanelData"
See the attached workbook module 2, but I like the code you posted... If you wanted to add a column to the "Paneldata" worksheet after column "F" then it could look at Col. "D" for the Loop, Col. "F" for the D or M (1=Device and 2=Module 3=Zone) and col. "E" for the address so the three columns would makeup the L01D001 Then I suppose it could be used in the array

Quote:
By the way, I would assume, from what you've posted that the range of acceptable values for Merged Address is:

Part 1 Part 2 Part 3
L01 - L10 D or M 001 - 159

e.g. L01D001 to L10M159

The only consistency I see is that
if LoopSelection=1, then Part 2 = "D"
if LoopSelection=2, then Part 2 = "M"
Actually each loop has 159 "D";s and 159 "M"'s
e.g. Loop 1 = L01D001 to L01D159 & L01M001 to L01M159
up to Loop 10 = L10D001 to L10D159 & L10M001 to L10M159
Attached Files
File Type: zip Test Program Data.zip (97.0 KB, 94 views)

Last edited by TimLeonard : February 10th 13 at 01:11 AM Reason: Added Info.