Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Ron Rosenfeld[_2_] Ron Rosenfeld[_2_] is offline

Default leading zeros using ActiveCell.Offset().value to insert row and value

On Fri, 8 Feb 2013 07:28:06 +0000, TimLeonard wrote:

Yes it would be the same as the "Orig Panel Data" sheet...
The purpose of the added rows on the "Summary" sheet is to represent the
max devices per loop that the panel can use. This way the engineer will
know what is available and what has been used in various drawings
against what has been already been programmed in the field. so removing
the empty fields would defeat the purpose...

OK, that tells me that the extra rows have a different purpose than what I had assumed.

This plus looking at the worksheets and code provokes a few more questions.

Which column on "Orig Panel Data" tells how many "loops"?
I would have assumed it to be the highest number in LoopSelection, but maybe not.
Also, how are you constructing "Merged Address". I'm not seeing the code that does that, and that column does not exist on "Orig Panel Data"

My plan was to start with "Orig Panel Data"; create an array with all of the required "Merged Address" entries, and then check to see which are missing. Once we know which are missing, they can be added at the bottom, and then the entire sheet sorted by Merged Address. However, that column is not present on "Orig Panel Data", and I don't see how to create it.

By the way, I would assume, from what you've posted that the range of acceptable values for Merged Address is:

Part 1 Part 2 Part 3
L01 - L10 D or M 001 - 159

e.g. L01D001 to L10M159

The only consistency I see is that