Spencer101 Spencer101 is offline
Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuditorLisa View Post
I have the below list of days, and numbers corresponding to each day. I am trying to group the dates into weeks, with a total number for each week instead of each day. Is there any way to accomplish this?

03-Jan-12 Count 168
04-Jan-12 Count 193
05-Jan-12 Count 175
06-Jan-12 Count 101
09-Jan-12 Count 119
10-Jan-12 Count 64
11-Jan-12 Count 82
12-Jan-12 Count 68
13-Jan-12 Count 45
16-Jan-12 Count 115
17-Jan-12 Count 33
Hi,

Have a look at the attached for one way of doing what I think you need.

You didn't stipulate which version of Excel you're using so I've included a SUMPRODUCT approach that will work on any version of Excel and a SUMIFS version that will work in 2007 or later.

Let me know if you need any of it explaining further.
Attached Files
File Type: zip AuditorLisa Example.zip (4.3 KB, 47 views)