View Single Post
  #8   Report Post  

Quote:
1. If I remove lines that do not have any entry for "Device Types" form the Summary and CompareData sheets, will the result be those sheets without the extra rows?
Yes it would be the same as the "Orig Panel Data" sheet...
The purpose of the added rows on the "Summary" sheet is to represent the max devices per loop that the panel can use. This way the engineer will know what is available and what has been used in various drawings against what has been already been programmed in the field. so removing the empty fields would defeat the purpose...

Quote:
2. Do you need to compare every cell in every row?
Not really...At a minimum it would need to compare each cell in columns A,E-I

Quote:
If so, how do you account for the fact that Summary has 15 columns and CompareData only has 14 columns (missing column A).
Column A in the summary sheet marks the added devices used during the engineering phase that has not been programmed into the field panel. so it should be what is dosplayed in the "Diff" sheet

As an additional point, after a job is complete the database would be imported and at that point cells in colums "E-H" and possibly "I" should be populated on both "Summary " and "CompareData" sheets. Because the fieldpanel labels might be programmed differently than the engineering labels, so if if both sheets have populated rows in column "H" then the field labels should overwrite the engineering labels and then remove the info in "Summary" sheet column A

Last edited by TimLeonard : February 8th 13 at 04:03 PM Reason: .