Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
joeu2004[_2_] joeu2004[_2_] is offline

Default somewhat complex if statement help PLEASE!!!!

wrote:
i have the following so far but need help with making additions
=IF(C4="salmon",Sheet1!D12)(C4="Jumbo Lump",Sheet1!D10)
Sheet1!D12 = the corresponding number that is assigned to the
word salmon - this is a food costing sheet for my kitchen. My
issue is creating a continuous statement, so if the same range
where it says salmon is changed to "jumbo lump" then the
corresponding number for jumbo lump would appear and then some.

I do not understand your description. But perhaps this formula will work
for you:

=IF(C4="salmon",Sheet1!D12,Sheet1!D10)

Note that it is not necessary to test C4 for "jumbo lump" if those are the
only two values that C4 might have.

Alternatively:

=IF(C4="salmon",Sheet1!D12,IF(C4="jumbo lump",Sheet1!D10,0))

Change zero at the end to whatever you want.

If that does not satisfy your needs, I suggest that you provide a concrete
example with all the necessary cell references, their values, and what you
want the IF formula to return under this and that condition.