sjoerdje92 sjoerdje92 is offline
Junior Member

Default text to number graph

hello all,

i cam here with a little problem of mine: i have a series of letters that are linked to a time but i want to to translate this data into a column graph.
my data looks like this:
7.10 BM
7.72 DM
10.61 AM
11.01 CM
17.33 AM
18.44 CM
22.72 CI
27.35 AM
32.22 CM
34.39 CM
35.02 AI
41.56 AM
47.01 CM
48.62 CI
64.04 CM
66.35 BI
71.16 CM
76.43 CM
80.54 DI
84.55 BM
92.20 AI

and this gos on for a while but my idea was to make a macro for every result alone (A,B,C and D) and form a line on which vertically the time is shown and horizontally is shown if its an M or an I , so in my line of thinking i need to get excel to change every M into exsample a 1 and every I into a 2 , so i get a line on which i have bigcolums(I) and small colums(M) and that for every number separate(a,b,c and D) if not possible they can all mix together...

so thats my idea and i've been trying everything i know i can do with excel but i cant figure it out can someone help me?