garygoodguy garygoodguy is offline
Junior Member

UPDATE - Have found a work around for this. All appeared to work except for 'Budget' and 'Actuals' - thinking this was used elsewhere?!?! Have renamed to something else and it works. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by garygoodguy View Post
Hi,

I'm attempting to replace part of some formula. I have a sheet that is called FTE with some cells referencing a sheet called Actuals. Now I have copied these sheets so that I now also have 2. FTE and 2. Actuals.

When I go into 2. Actuals sheet and try to replace the old reference (Actuals) with the new reference (2. Actuals) so that it looks up the right info - I get the following error message:

'The formula you typed contains an error' with a few help options under it.

Can anyone help here? I'm not putting in a formula.
Simply: Find What: Actuals, Replace with: 2. Actuals

I'm looking:
- within sheet
- search by rows
- look in formulas

Also haven't checked match case or match entire cell contents.

I did this the other day and it worked find. WTF is going on here. It should simply look up all the 'Actuals' in cell formulas and replace with '2. Actuals'.

Thanks in advance.