Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Shashi[_2_] Shashi[_2_] is offline

Default Currency formatting (Issue with globalization/localization)

I am creating excel report from ASP.NET application. The Currency values in the report should be displayed based on the format of the selected country..

For example: When i choose US and generate report.
All the currency values should be displayed like, $99,999.35 ($##,##0.00)

When i choose Germany and generate the same report,
the values should be displayed like, 99.999,35 $ (##.##0,00 $)

However the report when opened in Excel shows correctly for US but not for Germany option. The Report generation approach is generating a HTML mark-up with style elements such as "mso-number-format" and writing into browser with Response.write method. I am not using VSTO object library.

Now is there something wrong in the approach?
How can i fix the problem with formatting?
Is there any way we can set culture information to the excel file from the application?