Keyrookie Keyrookie is offline
Member

Claus,

Thank you for your help, however I still can't get it to work. I copied the VBA code you gave and nothing happened. I then tried modifications with no results.

Since the VBA code shows the Range as A1, I entered 2013-1-1 in A1 expecting the column to populate with succesive dates. It did not happen. I then entered data into column B thinking the code needed adjacent data to activate, yet nothing happened.

Apparantly I'm missing something so could you please guide me, step by step, through the process?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claus Busch View Post
Hi,

Am Thu, 24 Jan 2013 14:48:19 +0000 schrieb Keyrookie:

I copied this code exactly as you have it and inserted a date but
nothing happened. I then substituted "Linear" for "Choose Date" and
still nothing. Am I missing something?

if you want to do it with VBA then try (modify to suit):

Sub Test()
Dim StopVal As Long
Dim myYear As Integer

myYear = 2013
StopVal = DateSerial(myYear, 12, 31)
[A1] = DateSerial(myYear, 1, 1)
Range("A1").DataSeries Rowcol:=xlColumns, _
Type:=xlChronological, Date:=xlDay, Step:=1, _
Stop:=StopVal, Trend:=False
End Sub

Regards
Claus Busch