Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
GS[_2_] GS[_2_] is offline

Default Generating a cut list

wabbleknee explained on 24/01/2013 :
Just thought I could "automate" this process somehow because there is always
"changes" to the job and screws up everything

You can only do so much as you prepare your solution to do. For
example, the solution I did for my client will auto-update the cut list
for changes made in the job run. Since we're dealing with product
manufacturing, the cut list determines how much raw stock is required
to make the qty of the run for each item. It also determines how shorts
are handled based on the final size of the short. If there's no
existing items that can use the short then it gets charged to the run
as a consumable, and the cost of material per item is adjusted for
that. On top of that, any scrap/spoils are also accounted for in the
costing based on what step of the run they are scrapped. This only
reflects the cost of the run, not the cost of the items being run.

As long as you have an efficient mechanism for managing shorts, you can
easily optimize your raw material usage to include the shorts when
calcing how many full-length pieces are needed. A run requiring 3.5
lengths should pull the .5 from shorts if possible, otherwise a new
short will result from pulling/ordering 4 lengths for the job.

--
Garry

Classic VB Users Regroup!
comp.lang.basic.visual.misc