Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
GS[_2_] GS[_2_] is offline

Default Generating a cut list

CellShocked wrote :
On Thu, 24 Jan 2013 02:04:43 -0500, GS wrote:

CellShocked presented the following explanation :
The cut-off saws most often in use would have a 1/8 or 5/32 saw kerf.

I would make a system where that is a stored, user selected value (as
in a cell assigned a range name)

I agree!

I started a workbook for him, but it may not be the direction he wants
to go.

I think each pipe should get a listing, just like a military wire cut
list.

So the 2 or 3 or whatever @ whatever length listing would have each qty
item broken out.

Give it a look...

http://www.mediafire.com/view/?kpf1sp8eavakmpb

That's a pretty straight forward design that should work.

I already have a working solution for a material cut list (which also
does costing) that I did for a client. This was custom designed to
service "machining allowance" where the material was used on a
particular cnc machining center, and is tied into their jobcosting
tables. Unfortunately it's proprietary and so I can't share it.

The most important things about this type of project is to work with
the "yield" number of pieces. This includes tracking the shorts
(leftovers), and correctly allowing for "kerf" of the workstation (saw
machine) used for cutting the material, as well as any machining
allowance required for followup processes.

--
Garry

Classic VB Users Regroup!
comp.lang.basic.visual.misc