Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
GS[_2_] GS[_2_] is offline

Default Generating a cut list

wabbleknee wrote on 23/01/2013 :
I have to cut PVC pipe for various jobs. These PVC pipes come in a 10 ft
length. I am trying to maximize the cuts and generate less scrap. i.e. The
first column "A" is Qty, "B" is length (inches) and "C" is sum. Can I put
this in a look up table?? and have it pick lengths "B" not to exceed 10 feet
(120 inches) and continue on until all lengths are satisfied? This
particular job requires 5 10 ft pieces, with about 5 feet scrap.

A B C
2 26.00 52.00
3 24.00 72.00
1 22.75 22.75
2 22.00 44.00
2 21.25 42.50
2 20.00 40.00
4 13.00 52.00
1 11.75 11.75
2 11.00 22.00
2 10.00 20.00
1 9.75 9.75
2 9.00 18.00
4 7.75 31.00
2 6.50 13.00
2 5.50 11.00
2 5.38 10.75
2 4.75 9.50
2 3.50 7.00
26 2.13 55.25

What needs to be allowed for the width of the saw?

--
Garry

Classic VB Users Regroup!
comp.lang.basic.visual.misc